Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Barak Obama for President

Okay, I admit, Oprah Winfrey isn't perfect...but I have to agree with her on this one. The Chicago Sun Times reported today that she wants Barak Obama to be president.

Let me start out by saying that I don't think politics will save the world. The Religious Right and even the Religious Left like Jim Wallis' "Call to Renewal" movement believe we can usher in the Kingdom of God through Politics and legislation. I believe it can only be done through God transforming our hearts and lives. So should we be putting so much of our energy into an imperfect political system, or rather loving our neighbors as ourselves?

Still, I applaud the Call to Renewal movement for stirring up the discussion regarding religion and politics. Not all Christians are Republican...and I think Barak Obama is a good example of a Christian who's a liberal. While I may be biased, since I'm a Chicagoan, I do think Obama has some interesting things to say on the topic -- he's thoughtful, deep, and a man of faith. He addressed The Call to Renewal Conference recently. You can read his speech here:

http://www.barackobama.com/2006/06/28/call_to_renewal.php

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Margaret[/url]