Friday, February 16, 2007

Baby Ramona


Please pray for this sweet little girl. She's the daughter of my friend, Jane and her husband, Andy. Last Tuesday doctors discovered that baby Ramona has a severe heart defect, and her arteries were so tiny they didn't know if they could even do surgery to correct the defect. But on Wednesday night they went ahead and did surgery. They didn't know if she would make it through the night. But miraculously she did, and now she's doing a little better with the oxygen levels in her blood improving. But it's still touch and go, minute by minute.

I have been thinking this week how unfair life seems sometimes. My friends had wanted a baby for a long time. Finally, they decided to adopt and less than a year ago they adopted Simon. Around that time, Jane found out she was pregnant! We were all so happy for them! How life can change in less than a year. After years of waiting, they had not one, but two children.

Now this.

What can I say to them? I can't think of anything that doesn't sound like a Christian platitude. So I'm just praying that God will comfort them and help them through this. And I'm praying for a miracle. I'm asking you to pray, too.

No comments: