Friday, October 26, 2007

Birthday happiness


David celebrated a birthday yesterday, but I won't tell you which one. I should say that I celebrated his birthday, and he just came along for the ride, grudgingly, since he doesn't like to acknowledge his birthday. He was busy all day with school, but we did manage to squeeze in a dinner with our good friends, Frances and Stephen. David has been friends with them since college, along with Frances' husband, John, who couldn't join us because he's appearing in an off-Broadway production of Crime and Punishment. David and John were neighbors when they were in high school in Dallas. They bonded by smoking unfiltered Camels in David's bedroom. Okay, that was a long time ago and David no longer smokes anything. Whew. (just so you know). Then John and David went to University of Texas together...along with Frances and Stephen. John and Frances got married when they were 19 or 20 or something like that.


I love David's friends (who are now my friends). In fact, when I met David's friends and saw how cool they were and how much they loved him, it made me love him even more. I think you can tell a lot about a person by the friends they keep.

Stephen is an artist. We're going to an opening of his tonight at a gallery here in Chicago. He also has this incredible show opening in Dallas at the Conduit Gallery. If you're in Dallas (I think one of my readers lives there:)...be sure to see it.

Anyway, a good time was had by all. David survived another birthday. And yes, he did get a new JACKET. And it's perfect. Almost....

1 comment:

Jane said...

Happy Birthday!