Thursday, May 08, 2008

Three years down



As of yesterday, David and I have been married three years. We celebrated by going out to dinner, eating grilled calamari, and watching two episodes of Battlestar Gallactica on DVD (our new favorite series). Whoohoo! We're such a wild and crazy couple!

David surprised me by picking me up at the El station with three red roses and all dressed up ready to go out to dinner. When we got home, I put the roses in a vase on the kitchen table and caught the cat munching on the leaves this morning. I'm glad she's enjoying them, too, although she might think twice if she accidentally bites into a thorn.

At dinner we started dreaming of our future. One that includes a little Ethiopian baby, and maybe even a few years living in the Virgin Islands. There's a slim possibility that David's current part time job editing for the VI Source could turn into something more. But we're just dreaming....

Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. In the meantime, we'll keep plugging away -- David with school, me filling out adoption paperwork, doing laundry, watching Battlestar Gallactica, enjoying the blooming flowers in the neighbor's yard, and trying to find God in our lives. We're praying. Praying that the adoption will happen if it's meant to. And thanking God for what we have.

I asked David last night to give me his opinion of our marriage thus far. "I think we're pretty solid" he said. I agree. But I think we're more than solid. I like this adventure we're on. My friend Angie said that we've only just begun our story. There's much more that will unfold. I like the chapters we've written so far.

2 comments:

amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

Congratulations, Karen (and David)! btw, I think we watched Battlestar Galactica on our anniversary, too. :)

Jane said...

Congrats you guys! Hey, what happened to the previous post? I was gearing up my response ;)