Thursday, April 14, 2005

Psalm 40

I can't get U2's "40" out of my head....

"I will sing....sing a new song. I will sing....sing a new song."

I've been looking at the playlist from their "Vertigo" concert and the last four songs are "One", "All because of you," "Yahweh" and "40".

Psalm 40:
I waited patiently for the LORD ;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD .

I once told David that I feel I spend my entire life waiting: waiting in lines, waiting for a spouse (who finally showed up!), waiting for a new job. I don't know that I can say I've always waited patiently. But looking back I have seen how having to WAIT has changed me. Made my faith stronger. Taught me how to trust in God's timing. I have been changed into a new person. I am singing a new song.....

No comments: