Monday, July 25, 2005

How to measure success

I had my "checkpoint" meeting with my boss today. The rating scale is as follows:

1. Unacceptable -- results do not achieve one or more expectations set in performance plan.
2. Fair -- results achieve some expectations set in performance plan.
3. Successful -- results consistently achieve most or all and occassionally surpasses come expectations set in performance plan.
4. Outstanding -- Results usually surpass expectations set in performance plan.
5. Exceptional -- Results consistently surpass expectations set in performance plan.

But what they don't tell you is that really the only way to reach "exceptional" is if you work 18 hour days and make the corporation and marketing the entire meaning of your existence. This I will not do. So just so you know....I will never be "exceptional" in the eyes of the big corporation. Oh, well.

Ivy seems to have risen from the dead. After five days of not eating and getting weaker and weaker, she is now eating again, and purring a lot. The prednisone my vet prescribed is helping her appetite, but we know it's just a temporary solution. So we wait and enjoy each day we have with her.

Since there is a new (easier) way to post photos, I will now select a random photo to insert here (just because I can!).

No comments: