Saturday, October 06, 2007

Another 80 degree day. Sigh.

Where the heck is autumn?! I have to say I'm sick of these 88 degree days. I might be kicking myself for saying this come February, but bring on the cold weather! I'm tired of sweating. I'm tired of the humidity. I'm tired of getting into a hot car. I'm sick of my tank tops and shorts.

We Midwesterners like our change of seasons. It's one of the advantages of living in the Midwest....feeling the cycle of weather, the rhythm of life. By the end of summer, we're ready for autmun. I'm ready to breath in that crisp cool autumn air. My sweaters are tired of hibernating.

I know what will happen....we'll go directly from 87 degree days to 30 degrees and snow. Sigh. I just want a few months of 60 degree days, turning leaves, and sweaters. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

Val said...

I completely agree!

Lori said...

Sounds like somebody has a case of the needing-to-move-to-Oregons.