Friday, November 02, 2007

Day Two

It's only the second day of NaBloPoMo and I've run out of things to say. Or maybe there's just too much pressure. Which begs the question David asked me, "So what happens if you miss a day?"

"Uh, nothing."

"And what happens if you post every day of the month, do you win a prize?"

"Uh, no."

"Then what's the point?"

"I don't know! Just the satisfaction of knowing I did it...."

"Well, I don't really get it."

Oh well. He's in St. Thomas now. He flew down there for two days for a business meeting. I was going to go with him, but then decided it wasn't worth spending the money on an extra ticket for only two days of warm weather and beach relaxation. So maybe we'll go in the spring for longer than two days.

I feel a bit lost when he's not around. Suddenly, I have too much freedom. I can leave my clothes on the bathroom floor...watch whatever I want on TV....see any movie I want (today I saw "Elizabeth" with Cate Blanchett), and eat only fruit for dinner. Like I did when I was single, only now I don't have many single friends to call for a movie or dinner.

I did get very excited today when I heard that Project Runway season four starts on November 14! Tim! Nina! Michael! Heidi! Yipee!

1 comment:

Mrs Metaphor said...

LOL...I'm telling you, start posting your LISTS...

Oh, that David, he's sooooo pragmatic. To be honest, my David asked me the same thing and I have the same answers..."um....well," sez I, "writers write...you know? this helps...I guess."

keep on keeping on, Karen...it'll give us something to chuckle about when we go to the FFW.