Friday, February 22, 2008

Write a six word memoir!

I've always wanted to write a memoir, and now I have. In six words. (It took me about 10 minutes). I found this fun link to an online magazine where you can submit your six-word memoir. Here are some examples:

"Gloves off. Rings off. Marriage over."
"Sixties hippie chick finally grows up."
"I am more than six words."

I tried it and here are four six-word memoirs I wrote.

"A Baptist girl finally blossoms late."
"Questions never answered, but peace found."
"Hesitant observer finally joins the game."
"Never stops hoping for good hair."


Which one should I submit?
Let me read your six-word memoirs!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Two words define me: nasal irrigation."

Jane said...

Interesting challenge!

"Love and loss have softened me."

I'm sure tomorrow I'd come up with something else...

amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

"People pleaser finally stands her ground."

mrs metaphor said...

outside the circle but always looking in

Anonymous said...

Almost fifty. How did that happen?

Anonymous said...

I love the new title and banner of your blog, Karen. I've been on RSS feed so haven't seen it yet. In that vein, I have one for you:
"Still looking, but accepting the search."

Dina said...

Mine might be, "Former drama queen now loves peace."

I like your "hesitant" one best!

Lori said...

I really love the first one, and I'll have to put more thought into mine.
Thanks for the encouragement,and congrats on the milestones reached with your homestudy. Stay in touch.